Thought I'd share one of my home made cosmetic delights with you... a citrusy body mist/perfume that's SO easy to make. All you need is your store cupboard staple (vodka🙊) and a few essential oils.
You can find the original recipe and other delightful concoctions in Neal's Yard Remedies' Beauty Book.
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 10 drops lime essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil
- 5 drops mandarin essential oil
- 4 drops palmarosa essential oil
- 1 tbsp mineral water
- 1 tbsp orange floral water
Mandarin Essential Oil
Sweet and refreshing, mandarin oil is calming and comforting to the mind.
Palmarosa Essential Oil
Pleasantly floral, rosy smelling palmarosa oil has a strengthening and soothing effect on the nervous system.
Orange Floral Water
A beautifully fragrant by-product of the steam distillation of orange blossom.
Bergamot Essential Oil
With a fruity and sweet odour, bergamot essential oil has an uplifting yet soothing effect.
Lime Essential Oil
Sharp and fresh smelling, lime essential oil has a fresh and uplifting action.
Lemon Essential oil
Fresh and sweet, lemon essential oil is truly reminiscent of the ripe fruit.
1. Mix the vodka and essential oils together in a bowl. Add the mineral water and orange floral water, and stir thoroughly.
2. Pour into a sterilised bottle and place the cap on or attach an atomiser. Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps for up to six months.
Splash, pat, or atomise the body splash onto the skin as required when the skin is hot or needs reviving. Avoid the eyes. Shake well before use.
Posted by Rachel Kocerova